BEST Switch™ Tech Core
With Switch Tech, key management becomes a thing of the past. Access can be quickly and easily added to virtually any existing small format interchangeable core application. An easy-to-learn, easy-to-use app integrates seamlessly with existing access control systems and allows instantaneous, secure management of all users, plus visibility into who is accessing what, when. With specific capabilities in healthcare, retail & commercial, government, and learning & higher education environments, Switch Tech works anywhere you need it to.
- Ideal for low- to medium-use cylindrical, mortise, padlocks, display case locks and more.
- A fraction of the cost of most electronic systems— no need to replace the lock.
- Installs in minutes—easily scales across office doors, cabinets, merchandise cases and more.
- Use credentials, not keys—credentials can be added, assigned and reassigned easily.
- Integrates with leading access control systems for single-view monitoring.
- Switches out with most small format interchangeable cores.
- Low Cost: At approximately 10% of the cost of a hardwired access control door, it is far less expensive than traditional electronic access control. Contact your local sales representative for pricing details.
- Versatile: Switch Core can be easily installed in a wide range of applications–almost any SFIC lock–and integrates with existing access control software.
- Easy Maintenance: Credentials can be easily added via Switch Deck, which includes a tool for battery replacement.
- Temper Resistant: No exposed fasteners or points of attack.
- Quick Install: Installation takes just minutes with no advanced knowledge (handing or door thickness) needed.
- Scalable: Switch can be added strategically where and as needed.
- Saves Time: Switch reduces mechanical key management (lost, stolen, new keys) for facility managers.
- Reduces Risk: Makes visitor management easy while reducing risk compared to temporary keys.
- Battery status monitoring / reporting
- Battery change detection
- Battery replacement from exterior
- Capacitive touch wake-up
- Secure electronics encased in hardened stainless steel
- Fail secure for low / dead battery
- Automatic time adjustments
- Firmware updates via secured Bluetooth communication
- High-strength stainless steel construction
- No exposed screws or fasteners
- Battery cap with true architectural finish
- Tabbed knob design for easier use
- Mechanical installation without special tools
- Meets BHMA 156.2 Grade 1 standards for face and vertical impact
- Meets BHMA 156.5 drill resistance standard
- Free spinning knob when not in use — enhances tamper and vandalism resistance
- Subscription-based credentials can be assigned and reassigned via primary ACS
- Text and email notifications for a variety of events including low battery and system updates
- Admin control over firmware updates via Switch Deck cloud
- Up to 30 holidays and 16 holiday types
- Compatible with multiple door modes
- Admin override of door mode
- Optional two-factor authentication with smartphones (PIN or on-device biometric)
- Minimal configuration and data of core—most access control data managed on credential (less touring / updating)
- Wireless Communication Protocol: Bluetooth Low-Energy 4.2
- Knob Dimensions: 1.25” (diameter) by 1.17” (length) along with a 0.3” tab for usability
- Installation Compatibility: 7-pin small format interchangeable core. Not compatible with locks that require “homing,” or applications needing weather protection. Please reference user manual compatibility details.
- Weight: 8 oz.
- Battery: CR2477 3V coin cell battery (nonrechargeable)
- Code Compliance: BHMA A156.25 – input device (electrified locking devices), BHMA – 156.5 (cylinders and input devices) section 7 Grade 1, BHMA A156.33 (battery), FCC/IC – Part B
- Finishes: Polished Chrome, Polished Gold, Brown, Black, Spun, Spun Chrome, Spun Gold
- Visual Indicator: Full-color LEDs — see user manual for color / flash pattern definitions
- Environment: Indoor only, 0 to 50 C / 32 to 122 F, 5% to 95% humidity noncondensing
- Audit Event Storage: Up to 3,200 events can be stored in the core’s nonvolatile memory
- Battery Life: 1 to 2 years depending on usage and environment
Up to 1 year with 25 uses per day
Up to 2 years with 10 uses per day
- Assumes core operating at room temperature (20 to 25 C)
- Material: Hardened stainless steel construction of security-related components Meets Grade 1 standards for durability based on internal testing
- EAL5+ hardware secure element IC for encryption key storage and secure execution and communication
- Per-account encryption keys standard
- Local blacklist store for foolproof user removal
- Tools Required: BEST battery removal tool (purchased separately); 1/16” hex key (included)
Additional FOB Specifications:
- Can be used in place of a phone.
- Synced with phones to receive credentials and access control updates.
- Regularly syncing Fobs with a phone will update battery status in the PACS and send audit history if internet-connected devices are not used at the door.
- Stores up to 300 Audits.
- Setup as a cardholder’s badge in the PACS.
- Lost Fobs can be blocked in Switch™ Deck to disable access.
Additional Core Specifications:
- 3 Modes Supported: Locked, Credential + PIN, Credential Only
- Can hold about 50,000 credentials
- Can store up to 3200 Audits
- Supports up to 30 Holidays, 30 Intervals, and 30 Blocked Credentials
- Shipped ready to slide into the SFIC slot
- Sends and receives audits through App
- Blue: Searching for Bluetooth
- Green: Access Granted / Core Control Mode Engaged
- Red: Access Denied / Core Control Mode Disengaged
- Amber: Error
- Purple: Install Mode